The Breakup Cleanse App
We are currently updating The Breakup Cleanse App. We hope to have it finished and available on iTunes by May 2015.
A 7-day Detoxification for Your Lovesick Brain
Based on Studies in Neuroscience and Psychology
“As someone at the receiving end of a breakup, you can better ensure future relationship success by learning how to manage your brain chemistry now.”
— Dr. Berit Brogaard (aka Dr. Brit)
WHAT IT DOES: The Breakup Cleanse App is a simple iPhone app for those suffering the severing of a relationship. The app offers a 7-day program to supplement your breakup recovery. Each morning, afternoon and evening, the app will give you an assignment for detoxing stress chemicals from your body. Symptoms of stress toxicity include achiness, stiffness, lower back pain, shoulder pain, loss of appetite, social withdrawal and uncontrollable crying.*
*While the app creators hope the advice presented in the app is helpful and entertaining, we must state that The Breakup Cleanse App is not a substitute for psychiatric counseling.
THE IDEA BEHIND IT: Managing your brain chemicals will save time and energy that is often wasted ruminating about a past relationship. Based on studies in neuroscience and psychology, The Breakup Cleanse App offers techniques for changing brain chemistry to be more conducive to wellbeing. The Breakup Cleanse App is based on the book The Breakup Cleanse, co-written by Berit Brogaard D.M.Sci, Ph.D.
WHO IT IS FOR: You may have recently broken up with someone or be experiencing residual heartache. You may not get your ex back, but if you want better control of your mental reaction to the breakup, this app is for you.
Do you need a breakup cleanse?
The answer is yes!, if you keep
- Telling the breakup story, over and over, to anybody who will listen
- Trying to convince your ex to get back together with you
- Refusing to accept the relationship is over
- Fantasizing about reuniting with your ex
- Blaming yourself for the breakup
- Feeling lost and hopeless
- Running through endless “what if” or “if only I had” scenarios
- Cyberstalking your ex
- Avoiding dating new people
- Comparing any potential date to your ex
3 iPhone notifications per day for 7 days
Notification times: 7 a.m., 12 p.m., and 5 p.m.
Option to turn notifications off or on
Ability to restart 7-day program
HOW TO USE
- Upon purchasing and downloading the application from iTunes, choose whether you would like to start your breakup cleanse on the day of your purchase or the following day.*
- Beginning on the day you choose, the application will automatically progress through 21 assignments over 7 days. Notifications will occur at 7 a.m., 12 p.m, and 5 p.m.
- Revisit a piece of advice or exercise by navigating between days which you have already completed.
- Restart the app if necessary.
* If you choose to start the cleanse on an afternoon or evening, all of the advice for that day will be available at once. We recommend scheduling your program to start in the morning, so that your notices are timed throughout the day.
FOR APP QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org